6th grade

Return to Face to Face Learning, 2021, 6th Grade Interview

Welcome back Salisbury!!

Upon hearing the news of our return to Face to Face learning, blog members decided to poll teachers and staff to better understand how they were feeling about the return.

In an interview, one 6th grade teacher said the following:

Q: What is your biggest goal for this year? 

A: My biggest goal for this year is to make connections with my students through my teaching.  I want my students to learn the curriculum, but also feel safe and comfortable in their environment.

Q: What excites you most about coming back to school?

A: I am looking forward to meeting the students in person and getting to know them better (especially the ones that always have their cameras off!  Ha ha!). I’m also excited to see how tall some of these kids are!   It’s very hard to tell when everyone is sitting at a computer screen. 

Q: Do you have anything that makes you nervous or worried about coming back?

A: What makes me the most nervous about coming back to school is everyone following the protocols so that everyone stays safe and we are able to continue coming to school.  It’s going to be a big adjustment teaching students online and in person at the same time, but I know we will do our best to make it a successful learning environment. 

Q: Is there anything else you’d like to share about returning to SMS?

A: I hope everyone follows the procedures outlined by the district, so students can continue to come to school in person.  I can’t wait to meet everyone in person!

In a separate interview, another 6t grade teacher said: 

Q: What’s your biggest goal for this year? 

A: Having a positive influence on the learners and showing them that we can get through these very different times through learning about how people lived in the past.

A: Seeing the students face to face!! Even though it will be different, with new guidelines to follow, it will be great to see them as the individuals they are instead of a tiny square on my screen.

A: I want everyone to stay safe, so that means we can still enjoy being back, but we need to stay within the guidelines to continue being back face to face.

A: There might be a lot of anxiety and excitement with coming to school for the first time in a new building, but your teachers are here to help!!! Do not be afraid to ask questions!! We are all new to this! I am looking forward to seeing you all on February 8th!